MABIG FILM FESTIVAL
|For all international submissions||For Chinese submissions only|
About the Festival:
MONTHLY Festival with once a year live SCREENINGS and Event for the best films which are Award Winners. Every month, MFF announces the Nominees who are automatically further in competition.
Listed on IMDB https://www.imdb.com/event/ev0008446/overview/
Mabig Film Festival welcomes international entries and will take place annually in the Bavarian city of Augsburg, which is known for upcoming artistic projects and its existing great structure for the arts. The festival director, Andreea Boyer, has first established her own firm, Mabig Movies, in Augsburg, with the goal to bring in (online and in person) international artists, filmmakers, producers, actors, and writers to share all the experiences and knowledge about the film world with all local people. Our focus is to enlarge everyone’s perspective of films by giving male and female international filmmakers an equal chance to have their films neutrally analyzed and valued by the festival judges.
Submissions are accepted from everyone outside of the USA over the age of 18. Within the USA, over the age of 21.
Entries for all genres of films are welcome, including romance, comedy, drama, thriller, horror, history, sci-fi, social, adventure, Western, suspense, historical, historical fiction, mystery, philosophical, political, animation, urban, magical realism, fantasy, paranoid fiction, surrealism, LGBT films, documentaries, as well short films.
Excluded from the submissions and entries are pornographic films and any films containing extreme nudity. Please don’t submit any material of this genre. We only view and value movies that are not in this genre. Any submissions with this genre will automatically be rejected by our team. All racist, misogynistic, misandrous, and homophobic films are NOT allowed to be submitted and are automatically rejected by our team with a restriction from future submissions.
All feature films of all genres with a maximum length of 140 minutes (including documentaries) are welcome to be submitted to Mabig Film Festival.
All short films can be submitted with respect to the genres. The requirements are written below in our policy form. Experienced as well as student filmmakers are welcome to submit their films.
Please READ all our rules and terms before submitting your film to our festival. By submitting your creative work to our festival, you are aware of the rules and you are giving our experienced team the mission to impartially judge your film and your work. Don’t contact our judges during the evaluation of your film. For further questions, an e-mail can be send to the festival director, Andreea Boyer, via the Mabig Movies website “contact” form. Thank you.
A direct message from the Festival Director:
“There are always roadblocks in life and that’s what makes it so interesting, colorful, adventurous and lively. Often the roadblocks are like hidden new perspectives where we have the option to be upset or to think new and create something that later on will be awarded. It doesn’t matter if you’re a female or male director or writer. What only matters is that you’re a creative creator and you’re focused on your work.
Your life is in your own hands. You’re the creator of your life. Follow your mental intuition. Be aware and alert. Nourish your mental health with wisdom, not with doubts. Learn from disappointments and move on. Be mentally and emotionally focused and ready for the present. Love yourself.”
Awards & Prizes:
Awards will be sent to the winners of the festival. All award winning films will receive screening during the festival. Certificates and awards can be sent as per request to the nominees/winners for a fee including shipping.
Awards, certifications, and nominations will be given to:
- Best Feature Film
- Best Documentary Film
- Best Animation Film
- Best Short Film
- Best LGBT Film
- Best Student Film
- Best Love Film
- Best Drama Film
- Best Sci-fi Film
- Best Western Film
- Best Comedy Film
- Best Horror Film
- Best Thriller Film
- Best Adventure Film
- Best Social/Experimental Film
- Best Director (Separate awards & nominations for all categories)
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Cinematographer
- Best Editor
- Best Trailer
Rules & Terms:
The following rules govern all film submissions to the Mabig Film Festival.
- General Eligibility: Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee per entry and a completed online entry form.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time of submission. Films in the German language only can also be submitted to the festival, as the festival takes place in Germany and has a German audience.
- In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible, without a refund.
- Mabig Film Festival screens films as digital files during the festival and does not screen films on HDCAM, or DCP. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us your film as a digital file for exhibition, then don’t submit your film.
- Films with all the above mentioned genres and produced in all the past years starting 2017 are welcome to be submitted.
- Films that have been already submitted to Mabig Film Festival in previous years are not eligible to be resubmitted, restricted according to all of Mabig Film Festival’s current rules.
- All Films which are already in distribution can be submitted to the Mabig Film Festival. We don’t make a difference from the films already in distribution and filmmakers who are searching for distribution, as we value all films made of small and medium budgets equally and only by the main aspects, which is the work itself. Our film judges are fair and honest and this is the our policy with which we view each film, which is a great opportunity for all upcoming filmmakers to be in competition with already known filmmakers.
- Excluded from the submissions and entries are porn and any films related to nudity in this genre. Please don’t submit any material with this genre. We only view and value movies that are not in this genre.
- All feature films with a film length up to 140 minutes are welcome to be submitted to The Mabig Film Festival. The documentary films are included in this maximum minutes.
- We don’t send invitations for the event. Filmmakers are welcome to come on their own. With the submission, the filmmakers confirm that they give Mabig Film Festival and Andreea Boyer the license to screen their films, if their work is accepted for screening.
- All Short films can be submitted which respect the genres.
- All racist, misogynistic, misandrous, and homophobic films are NOT allowed to be submitted.
- By submitting your creative work to our festival, you are aware of the rules and you are giving an experienced team the mission to judge your film and your work.
- Short films that are publicly available online prior to the Mabig Film Festival are considered for exhibition during the festival.
- Private invite-only screenings (for instance, for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a film’s eligibility.
- Mabig Film Festival reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
- Films that are selected to screen at the Mabig Film Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes. Notifications regarding potential selection for competition status possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for exhibition. All filmmakers which are nominated for the Awards will be notified on time before the annual festival premiere.
- All filmmakers are allowed to inform the festival director Andreea Boyer about any aspects regarding a festival premiere which the filmmakers want to have for their films.
Indemnity Regarding Originality and Permissions
Films can be submitted to any of the above listed categories. Mabig Film Festival does not allow changes of category for films already submitted. Therefore, please read our film submission categories (feature films, documentaries, short films, etc.) and submit your film correctly to the specific category.
Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by The Mabig Film Festival in connection with the dispute.
You don’t need to include your physical address. The movies are being viewed by our team online only, which means that we don’t need your address to value your films, BUT in the event you win an awards or prize, we will contact you to ask for a physical address where we can send you a letter or package. Therefore, please provide us with your e-mail so you may be notified if you are accepted into the selections for awards.
Payments made for the submissions are subject to our bounced policy. Refunds are not allowed. Your submitted film (short or feature or documentary) will automatically be viewed and judged by our team and you will receive a notification from us with the result of our opinion about your film and if you are selected or not to nominations and/or Awards and if we will screen your film at the annual festival.
Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Mabig Film Festival expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
We encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work. Should the film be accepted to play during Mabig Film Festival, the filmmaker must supply the festival with their most recent version of the film, if the filmmakers applied any changes to their films.
IMPORTANT: Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
PLEASE NOTE: The Mabig Film Festival does not accept or demand additional fees. The same rules and entry (submission) fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another. In a similar respect, Mabig Film Festival does not invite films to be into the festival competition. Only the films which are submitted will be considered for competition.
Selected Films, Nominations & Winners:
The Mabig Film Festival has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
The Mabig Film Festival explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any additional comments or notes expressed about the submissions.
Winners will be announced as written in the form and the judges’ decision is final and a e-mail will be send as a official notification from the festival.
Returns & Acknowledgements:
Press materials, DVD’s or Blu Rays can be provided by the filmmakers and will not be returned under any circumstances. The filmmakers shall provide The Mabig Film Festival with a DVD or a Blu Ray if their film will have a screening.
Competition is void where prohibited.
The Competition Certification:
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules. I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission. I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead. To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct. I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, MFF will not provide a refund. No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted. By submitting the material, I/we hereby agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the festival, its employees, directors, representatives, and affiliates from all liability, claims and damages in connection with the submission and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, that any of them may incur in connection therewith.